Wednesday 10 February 2010

Turning over a new page


Book Making


So the second part of our brief was to use all the collated information and produce our own response to our given topic "Green Design" in which we would use to design a book. The idea seemed relevant to the main brief, what with us designing the studio and living space of a book conservator. For me this gave me an insight in to their appreciation of books and so i used this to help determine my final outcome.















I used the sketchbook i made from recycled material to note any ideas i had about my own design response.






























I have never made or tried to make a book so was quite curious to see how my attempt would work out, to my surprise the pages did hold together. So no doubt proving to be a valuable technique that i can use in later projects.

I then played about with form to develop some of my sketches to see how they looked in their 3d form.






























I then used the took forward the idea that Green Design will keep on expanding. This along side the close connection it has with the other design areas and how it is more focused on the "Domestic" environment, were all influenced and apparent in my Final solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment