Wednesday 6 October 2010

I think, therefore I blog!!


It’s the start of a new year and the start of my third at Duncan of Jordanstone, which can only mean one thing… back to blogging.

Our first week back was packed full of course work and no doubt will continue through out this busy year. Design studies introduced us to an interesting approach to our new task. Mixing up the full year of design students, and separating everyone into several groups created a closer bond between the year. My little group of eight – a mix between girls and guys- all came together to discuss the task and to choose our own topics that we want to research further.

Fair Trade and Design appealed to me and seeing as issues relating to the environment are a big part of my course I thought the relation to this topic would be of great relevance and would hopefully give me some valuable knowledge I could use in other class projects. We all came together to brainstorm our individual topics in a small room in the graphics studio.

The session turned out to be a lot more successful than I had thought and I achieved a lot from listening to other students from different disciplines. My topic was broken down further and was a great help to me in understanding the ways in which fair trade effects design. From this I then took the information I had recovered and then created my very own mind map showing the breakdown of my topic. This was an interesting task as it highlighted a lot of issues that as a designer you have to take into consider whatever discipline you are in.
















Images from our group brainstorming session.




No comments:

Post a Comment