Thursday 3 December 2009

Louis Vuitton Foundation For Creation







While I was doing work for my current project, Furniture Design, my flatmates have been recently looking into “pavilions" so I thought I would take a look for myself. When I was searching the net I found a few architects who have designed their own pavilion as part of their projects. Frank Gehry, Zaha Hadid and Norman Forster were the three I was particularly interested in so took a further look into their projects.

Frank Gehry is a very unique architect. He designs buildings more for the statement they will create. He is adventurous with his designs and does not limit his buildings to the original structural form. This is one of the many reasons Gehry was asked to design the building that will capture years of patronage.

The Louis Vuitton Foundation For Creation is there to promote culture, heritage and creation and will be sited in the Jardin d'Acclimatation in Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment